Monday, July 12, 2010

Amanuensis Monday: Two Young People "Celebrate the Rites of Matrimony"

Amanuensis: A person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another.

Richard Puckett and Polly Brooks are my great-great-grandparents.


The State of Texas
Jasper County
To any person legally authorized to Celebrate the rites of Matrimony,
Greeting,
You are hereby authorized to Celebrate the Rites of Matrimony between Mr. Richard Puckett and Miss Polly Brooks. And ____ Return make of this License to me at my office in the Town of Jasper within Sixty days

Given under my hand and official Seal on this the 18th day of April A D 1856
H Good Clk Co Court JC


I hereby certify that I Solemnized the Bonds of Matrimony between the above mentioned Couple on Thursday the 24 day of April AD 1856.
John Hamilton,
JP





I learned about Amanuensis Monday through John Newmark at Transylvanian Dutch: Genealogy and Family History If you would like to join us in posting your transcriptions, leave a comment on John's blog. I'd also love to hear from you, as well!

No comments:

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas
RECOGNIZE THESE HOMSLEY MEN? CONTACT ME - judyshubert@yahoo.com
Copyright (c) 2014 by Judith Richards Shubert